Thursday, March 6, 2014

Connecticut and Snow

At the end of February I traveled back to snowy cold Connecticut for a week. The house has heat but no water so I am 1/2 an old pioneer.  I have water in jugs and my great grandmother's pot chair.  That comes in mighty handy. Here I have wonderful wifi and cell phone service and even a home phone.  Out in the desert we have been having problems with terrible wifi and cell. I eat some with family, shower at their houses and I have a borrowed car for errands.  I have been to the doc for a check-up, to my hairdresser, visited family, filed the 2013 income tax return, run errands, read two books, and looked out at the snow. I have gone to out to dinner with family and seen The Monument Men at a theater. Sunday I will be traveling back to Arizona.  John did our obligated 32 hours a week alone.  Lauren and Pam, two of our daughters, are also traveling with me and spending 5 days out in the desert.  I am looking forward to Sunny Warm Arizona!

The Travinski barn up the road no longer looks like this.  They took down 1/2 of the barn while we have been gone!

Snow in New England looks beautiful.  I have not spent the winter here, just a week!
I have had to pay the oil bill so I know how cold it had been!

No comments:

Post a Comment