Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sick on the Road

Thank goodness for my doctor and he being on call on Labor Day Weekend!  I knew what the problem was and all I needed was an antibiotic but a holiday weekend presents a problem.  I did not work yesterday for I was up the night before and I was feeling terrible.  It always happens on a weekend or better yet a holiday weekend.  Remember the car trouble on July 4th?????  I called my Connecticut doctor's answering service.  John looked in our local phone book for open clinics. There are none on Labor Day in Spearfish.  I had to wait for several hours but, bless his heart, my doc was on call this weekend.  He called back, listened to my problem and called in a prescription.  I feel so much better today for it has been 24 hours since the medication start and I was sure lucky the stars aligned properly.  I am also lucky to have a doc that understands who I am and what I am doing.  He knew me long enough to listen and go outside the box.  He listened last year when I was having a big problem with medication and yesterday.  He is a keeper!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment