Thursday, July 18, 2013

Back in Connecticut - Bah humbug!!!!

The Nebraska evenings were the last fun things we did on our way back east.  John ended up at a clinic  with infected bites and an arm swollen up to the elbow.  I talked to my doctor at home and my meds were changed so I felt better but the rash/infection was not getting better.  John called Bryce telling them we were headed east and we headed to Connecticut post haste.  Traveling east is a blurr. We arrived July 4th in Woodstock.  The good thing about being east at this time is a former exchange student daughter was visiting with her family our Woodstock families and we got to meet Susse,her husband and sons.  It was almost 30 years since she was with us.  My how time flies!!!!!  They were off to Iceland a few days later so it was a quick visit.  We took the motor home to fireworks for Saturday July 7th so we had excellent seats and a cool place to wait out the crowd leaving. Susse's children seemed to have a good time and we were over 12 gathered to see the fireworks. 

Woodstock is in a heat wave and I hate the humidity.  It is now mid summer and I have no energy.  The doctor here put both John and I back on prednisone and the rash/bites are slowly healing but here I sit dreaming of Bryce.  My, what turns life brings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red rock canyon on Route 12 heading to Bryce but we are east - phooey!

Susse and her boys can bring a smile to my face

No comments:

Post a Comment