Thursday, February 14, 2013

Arrival In Arizona

Traveling west on the I-20 was horrible. In Mississippi the road was Motorhome unfriendly, jarring us all the way. The radio stopped working because of the jarring (no Sirius)and my back did not take it well. After 3 Walmart or rest stop nights we stopped in Louisana at Lake Bistineau State Park. I saw a beautiful sunset on the lake which was really a filled cyprus swamp. Before the Louisanna next day rain off we traveled again. It took us 3 days to travel across Texas. We stopped in New Mexico for another Walmart night arriving in Arizona February 12th. We woke to New Mexico ice then traveling through the desert into Arizona we saw snow on the sides of the road. John and I traveled into Texas Canyon on I-10 feeling we finally arrived! Stopping at Lazydays in Tuscon for a few days to rest, the cold is still with us but the snow is gone. We had our radio fixed, bought LED lights for the MH and washed our filthy car, clothes, etc. I Emailed RV Dreams Quartzsite Boondocking Rally and we are off to Quartzsite on Friday. We have missed most of the weather coming across country. After we left Woodstock, Connecticut had 3 feet of snow crippling the state. We picked the only window to leave the cold and snow so I feel very lucky. Now on to our western adventures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment