Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Visitor Center Day in ORPI

Our campsite in the VIP(volunteers in parks) campground


The VIP center with laundry, freezers, showers, ironing board, etc.
  Note the beautiful mountains in the early morning hours.


Early morning fog in the desert
 This morning when walking Emma I expected to hear fog horns.  It was so foggy you could not see the next campsite but it cleared to be a beautiful day in the Sonoran Desert. John worked the morning shift and I the afternoon.  I learned to use the cash register and even checked a "Not so Jr. Ranger" book of a woman who had earned a badge which I presented to her.  I completed the workbook myself yesterday so I was familiar with the answers.  Tomorrow John and I, along with a new volunteer couple who arrived today, are traveling the 20 mile Ajo Drive loop within the park.  It is one of the most traveled routes.  We will get familar with the views, plants, etc. so we can talk intellegently about the drive with visitors. (maybe!!!) I hope to show the visitor center and our uniforms with next pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment