Friday, November 25, 2011

Alamo Canyon & Victoria Mine

Imagine having a cattle station here!

Victoria Mine ruins of a home

One of the mines at Victoria

John finding partial shade
Today was hiking day.  In the am we hiked to ruins of a corral and adobe brick line shack.  I was so interested in the ruins I forgot to take pictures.  It was in a remote canyon with beautiful views.  After lunch we hiked 4.5 miles round trip to an abandoned mine.  That trail was deep wash upon deep wash up and down ending at the base of a mountain very near the border.  I remembered the pictures there.  You could see the Mexican town of Sonoyta in the distance.  I came home begging for dinner out in the border crossing of Lukeville, 4 miles away.  I just could not face cooking after the walking.  John even ate Mexican cuisine.  The end of another interesting day in the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment